- May 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm #161
If your browser is unstable or if it crash often or if it does not keep your settings like Search Engine / Home Page etc, Most likely you have some unwanted add-ons in your browser, Here is a tool that let you know about them and if you want, it will remove them for you, it's a tiny program and does not required installation:
Just run it and it will let you know what you must do.
(It works for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome)May 3, 2013 at 3:43 pm #569
Here is avast post about their Browser Cleanup Tool:
Avast Browser Cleanup at work
Does this internet browser window look familiar to you?
If so, you may be the victim of unwanted multiple browser toolbars. These browser add-ons have become a real problem in the last couple of years. Unfortunately, much free software nowadays comes with some unwanted add-ons; in most cases a so-called browser toolbar is installed. Many toolbars can be quite annoying because they:
- Change your homepage and your search engine without you realizing it
- Track your browsing activities and searches
- Display annoying ads and manipulate search results
- Take up a lot of space inside the browser
- Are difficult or even impossible for the average user to fully uninstall
It is especially for this last reason that avast! Browser Cleanup has been developed: To help our customers identify and get rid of unwanted browser toolbars and add-ons. It is integrated in avast! 8 and is also available as a stand-alone product on various download portals for use with friends without installed avast! Now, about 20 days after release of avast! Browser Cleanup, I think it’s time for a quick review of the results.
Some statistics after 20 days of release
Shortly after release I predicted that we would end up with about 100,000 different add-ons. Unfortunately I was wrong … totally wrong! Reality shows that I underestimated the scope of the issue. Twenty days after release of Browser Cleanup, our database shows …
- More than 220,000 different browser add-ons for the three main browsers
- More than 8,000 new add-ons per day
- More than 74% of all add-ons have a bad or very bad rating from our user community
- More than one third of all toolbars in our database are from only three companies
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.